Have you ever wondered what the perfect B1G quarterback would look like?
Big Ten Network wanted to take a shot at assembling a perfect B1G quarterback, using specific attributes from certain guys throughout the conference. The ‘ideal’ gunslinger was comprised of five characteristics: toughness, leadership, decision making, accuracy and extending plays.
Former Iowa quarterback Chuck Long was the designated builder of this perfect quarterback. And he chose characteristics from the following B1G players to create the ideal signal-caller:
- Toughness – David Blough, Purdue
- Leadership – J.T. Barrett, Ohio State
- Decision making – Wilton Speight, Michigan
- Accuracy – Clayton Thorson, Northwestern
- Extending plays – Trace McSorley, Penn State
Long also gave an explanation for each selection:
— Big Ten Network (@BigTenNetwork) August 11, 2017
Did Long really create the perfect quarterback? What attributes would you change if you were asked to build the ideal B1G passer?