10 B1G players named to PFF's top 50 for 2018
B1G teams are well-represented on Pro Football Focus’ list of the top 50 college football players for 2018.
The list pulls players from all positions playing for any team in the country. Considering the list isn’t limited to the Power 5 (evidenced by players from schools such as Buffalo and UCF), 10 out of the top 50 makes for an impressive showing for the conference.
Ohio State DE Nick Bosa was ranked No. 1 overall. Here’s what PFF had to say about the dominant defender:
Our highest-graded returning player, Bosa has dominated in his 896 college snaps, picking up 14 sacks, 18 QB hits and 71 hurries on 537 rushes.
A graphic below the caption shows that Bosa led the country last season in total pressures with 62.
Here are the other B1G players to make the cut:
- No. 6 – Wisconsin RB Jonathan Taylor
- No. 11 – Wisconsin LB T.J. Edwards
- No. 25 – Northwestern LB Paddy Fisher
- No. 27 – Michigan EDGE Chase Winovich
- No. 28 – Michigan CB Lavert Hill
- No. 30 – Michigan LB Devin Bush
- No. 43 – Iowa EDGE Anthony Nelson
- No. 47 – Wisconsin C Tyler Biadasz
- No. 48 – Michigan State LB Joe Bachie
Explanations of every ranking, as well as the full list, can be found here.