11 from B1G crack ESPN's 'Top 50' list
Another college football list has been released now that we’ve reached the first full week in August. The category? The top 50 players in the sport.
Monday morning, ESPN unveiled its list of the top 50 players who will take the field in the 2018 season. 11 players from the B1G earned recognition, making up more than 20 percent of the total. Michigan led the way with four selections with Ohio State and Wisconsin each having three make the cut.
Penn State had one representative.
Ohio State defensive end Nick Bosa led the way among B1G stars, ranking No. 6 on the list. The top five spots went to Ed Oliver (DT, Houston), Bryce Love (RB, Stanford), Will Grier (QB, West Virginia), Christian Wilkins (DL, Clemson) and Dexter Lawrence (DT, Clemson).
Here’s where the 11 B1G stars ranked:
- No. 6: Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State
- No. 7: Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin
- No. 8: Rashan Gary, DL, Michigan
- No. 9: Trace McSorley, QB, Penn State
- No. 22: Devin Bush, LB, Michigan
- No. 23: J.K. Dobbins, RB, Ohio State
- No. 25: Shea Patterson, QB, Michigan
- No. 32: Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State
- No. 42: David Edwards, OL, Wisconsin
- No. 43: T.J. Edwards, LB, Wisconsin
- No. 46: Chase Winovich, DL, Michigan
To view the full list of top 50 players according to ESPN, click here.