11 B1G Walk-Ons nominated for 2019 Burlsworth Trophy
The Burlsworth Trophy, given annually to the nation’s top Walk-On, recently released its list of nominations for the 2019 award.
Sports Betting in Big Ten Country
21+ and present in OH. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER.
The award is named after Brandon Burlsworth, former Arkansas Walk-On and All-American. According to the award’s website, it is “given to the most outstanding football player in America who began his career as a Walk-On and has shown outstanding performance on the field.”
Clemson WR Hunter Renfrow won the 2018 award. Wisconsin WR Jared Abbrederis was the B1G’s most recent winner in 2013.
For 2019, there are 11 B1G players and former Walk-Ons that have been nominated:
- Logan Justus, K, Indiana
- Brady Ross, FB, Iowa
- Jordan Glasgow, LB, Michigan
- Kenny Willekes, DE, Michigan State
- Sam Renner, DL, Minnesota
- Chase Urbach, LS, Nebraska
- Chris Bergin, LB, Northwestern
- CJ Saunders, WR, Ohio State
- Jan Johnson, LB, Penn State
- Cole Murphy, WR/H, Rutgers
- Matt Henningsen, DE, Wisconsin
— Burlsworth Trophy (@BurlsworthTrust) November 6, 2019