14 B1G players make watch list for Maxwell Award
The release of watch lists continued on Friday, as the 2020 preseason watch list for the Maxwell Award was released. On that list, 14 B1G players were included.
The Maxwell Award is presented annually to the player who is the best all-around in the sport across the country. The Award is judged by the National Collegiate Athletic Association head coaches, a panel of sportscasters and sportswriters, and the membership of the Maxwell Football Club.
Surprisingly, Indiana led the way for the B1G, having three players on the watch list for the Maxwell Award. Minnesota and Penn State each had two players on the list and Illinois, Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska, Ohio State, Purdue and Wisconsin each had one selection.
Below is the list of 14 B1G players:
- Rashod Bateman, WR, Minnesota
- Journey Brown, RB, Penn State
- Jack Coan, QB, Wisconsin
- Nico Collins, WR, Michigan
- Elijah Collins, RB, Michigan State
- Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State
- Adrian Martinez, QB, Nebraska
- Rondale Moore, WR, Purdue
- Tanner Morgan, QB, Minnesota
- Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State
- Michael Penix Jr., QB, Indiana
- Brandon Peters, QB, Illinois
- Whop Philyor, WR, Indiana
- Stevie Scott, RB, Indiana
Last year’s winner of the Maxwell Award was LSU quarterback Joe Burrow. A B1G player has not claimed the award since 2002, when Penn State running back Larry Johnson was presented with the honor.