$14 popcorn? Concession prices at the Super Bowl are out of control
With a limited capacity at the Super Bowl later tonight, it appears the venue is looking to make up for some lost revenue at the concession stand.
Jim Wyatt of TennesseeTitans.com posted a few photos of concession prices in Tampa Bay, and some of these numbers are outrageously high.
See for yourself:
— Jim Wyatt (@jwyattsports) February 7, 2021
If you want to enjoy a draft beer, it’s going to run you between $13 and $18 depending on your selection. Popcorn? $14, but it is refillable. $10 for a cheeseburger actually seems reasonable considering the rest of the menu.
About 25,000 fans are expected for the game at Raymond James Stadium.
There will be 20 former Big Ten players represented in this year’s Super Bowl, which is the second-most of any conference. That’s a solid mark for the Big Ten, considering zero Ohio State players made it to the big game.
Here’s a breakdown of every former Big Ten player that will be on an active roster for the Super Bowl:
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- QB Tom Brady, Michigan
- LB Lavonte David, Nebraska
- DL Khalil Davis, Nebraska
- DL William Gholston, Michigan State
- WR Chris Godwin, Penn State
- WR Tyler Johnson, Minnesota
- LB Anthony Nelson, Iowa
- OL Donovan Smith, Penn State
- DL Ndamukong Suh, Nebraska
- S Antoine Winfield Jr., Minnesota
- OL Tristan Wirfs, Iowa
Kansas City Chiefs
- OL Nick Allegretti, Illinois
- RB Le’Veon Bell, Michigan State
- DE Frank Clark, Michigan
- DE Mike Danna, Michigan
- QB Chad Henne, Michigan
- LB Anthony Hitchens, Iowa
- LB Ben Niemann, Iowa
- LB Damien Wilson, Minnesota
- OL Stefen Wisniewski, Penn State
Kickoff is at 6:30 p.m. ET.