2020 Heisman Trophy odds updated, 2 B1G QBs in consideration
A pair of B1G quarterbacks are among the players with the best odds to claim the Heisman Trophy at the end of the 2020 season. SportsLine recently updated its odds for the upcoming year.
Note: Take a look at the current 2020 Heisman odds.
It’s no surprise that Ohio State’s Justin Fields is at the top of the list, a heavy favorite to claim the top individual honor in college football since the end of the 2019 season. As a first-year starter for the Buckeyes, Fields led his team to a 13-1 record, a B1G title and a College Football Playoff appearance after throwing for 3,273 yards and 41 touchdowns with just 3 interceptions.
Fields also added 484 yards and 10 touchdowns on the ground.
Along with Fields, Nebraska junior quarterback Adrian Martinez is the other B1G candidate in the mix. It might be a bit surprising, as Huskers gunslinger a bit of a sophomore slump last fall. Martinez accounted for 1,956 passing yards and had 10 touchdowns but also threw 9 picks. He picked up 626 yards and 7 touchdowns with his legs.
Martinez’s numbers in every statistical category were below his marks from his freshman season.
No other B1G quarterbacks or position players were included in SportsLine’s top 15 for the Heisman Trophy. Below is the complete list:
- Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State (+350)
- Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson (+400)
- Jamie Newman, QB, Wake Forest (+1000)
- Spencer Rattler, QB, Oklahoma (+1200)
- Sam Ehlinger, QB, Texas (+1800)
- D’Eriq King, QB, Miami (+2000)
- Mac Jones, QB, Alabama (+2200)
- Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson (+2200)
- Chuba Hubbard, RB, Oklahoma State (+2200)
- Myles Brennan, QB, LSU (+2800)
- Ian Book, QB, Notre Dame (+2800)
- Kyle Trask, QB, Florida (+3000)
- Bo Nix, QB, Auburn (+3000)
- Sam Howell, QB, North Carolina (+3000)
- Adrian Martinez, QB, Nebraska (+3500)