2022 Bednarik Award: 11 B1G stars added to preseason watchlist
The 2022 Bednarik Award is one of the most prestigious awards in the country. It is annually given to the top defensive player in the country.
With things ramping up toward the 2022 college football season, the watchlist for the Bednarik Award came out on Monday. 11 stars out of the B1G were featured.
- CB Tiawan Mullen, Indiana
- CB Riley Moss, Iowa
- LB Jack Campbell, Iowa
- DT Mazi Smith, Michigan
- S Xavier Henderson, Michigan State
- LB Luke Reimer, Nebraska
- DE Zach Harrison, Ohio State
- S Ronnie Hickman, Ohio State
- S Ji’Ayir Brown, Penn State
- CB Joey Porter, Penn State
- LB Nick Herbig, Wisconsin
Georgia defensive lineman Jordan Davis captured the award for the national champion Bulldogs in 2021. The most recent recipient out of the B1G was Chase Young who took home the honor in 2019.