2022 NBA Draft: Tracking B1G stars who land undrafted free agent deals
The 2022 NBA Draft went down on Thursday with the B1G posting a strong night. The conference had 3 players selected in the top-10, a pair of top-5 picks and 9 total players drafted across 2 rounds.
Unfortunately, Thursday was not a good night for all draft-eligible players. A number of stars went undrafted and will have to land a free-agent deal and hope to impress during Summer League or training camp.
Included in the list of undrafted players were a pair of impressive big men in Purdue’s Trevion Williams and Illinois’ Kofi Cockburn. Both had strong showings in college but were unable to improve their stock enough to land a selection.
ESPN BET is now live in 17 states
Use promo code SATURDAY to get your $250 bonus
So far, these former B1G stars have been reported to land free-agent deals with teams after the draft. These deals range from Summer League invites to two-way deals.
- Trevion Williams, C, Purdue – Boston Celtics
- Eli Brooks, G, Michigan – Indiana Pacers
- Marcus Bingham, F, Michigan State – Dallas Mavericks
- Payton Willis, G, Minnesota – Golden State Warriors
- Gabe Brown, F, Michigan State – Oklahoma City Thunder
- Ron Harper Jr., G/F, Rutgers – Toronto Raptors
- Kofi Cockburn, C, Illinois – Utah Jazz