2022 NBA Draft: Where B1G stars are projected to land in the draft
The 2022 NBA Draft is right around the corner, and a number of B1G stars are hoping to hear their names called on Thursday.
During the 2021-22 college basketball season, star power was evident across the country and in the conference. In the B1G, it was Wisconsin’s Johnny Davis edging out Iowa’s Keegan Murray, Purdue’s Jaden Ivey and Illinois’ Kofi Cockburn for the Player of the Year Award.
Heading into the draft, the outlook has been that a player from outside the B1G will come off the board at No. 1 overall. Most mock drafts are projecting Auburn’s Jabari Smith, Gonzaga’s Chet Holmgren and Duke’s Paolo Banchero as the top 3 picks in some order.
Out of the B1G, there is a lot of consensus that Ivey will be the first player from the conference selected. ESPN’s Jonathan Givony, CBS Sports’ Colin Ward-Henninger, and USA TODAY’s Jeff Zillgitt are united in their projection of Ivey to the Sacramento Kings at No. 4 overall.
Of those 3 mock drafts, only Zillgitt has a 2nd B1G player in the top 5. He has Murray going No. 5 overall to the Detroit Pistons.
Here is a list of the B1G players projected to be selected in the draft on Thursday (rankings listed are in order of ESPN-CBS Sports-USA TODAY mock drafts):
- Jaden Ivey, G, Purdue: 4th-4th-4th, Sacramento Kings
- Keegan Murray, F, Iowa: 6th, Indiana Pacers-9th, San Antonio Spurs-5th, Detroit Pistons
- Johnny Davis, G, Wisconsin: 10th, Washington Wizards-11th, New York Knicks-9th, San Antonio Spurs
- Malaki Branham, G, Ohio State: 18th, Chicago Bulls-14th, Cleveland Cavaliers-15th, Charlotte Hornets
- EJ Liddell, F, Ohio State: 24th, Milwaukee Bucks-23rd, Philadelphia 76ers-20th, San Antonio Spurs
- Caleb Houstan, F, Michigan: 38th, San Antonio Spurs-Unlisted-Unlisted
- Bryce McGowens, G, Nebraska: 41st, New Orleans Pelicans-Unlisted-Unlisted
- Max Christie, G, Michigan State: 47th, Memphis Grizzlies-Unlisted-Unlisted
- Ron Harper Jr., F, Rutgers: 54th, Washington Wizards-Unlisted-Unlisted