2022 NFL Mock Draft: Analyst has 8 former Big Ten stars being first-round picks
The 2022 NFL Draft will be here before we know it, and recently, several analysts have released their first-round mock drafts.
The latest to do so is NFL.com’s Daniel Jeremiah, as he projects 8 former Big Ten standouts to be first-round picks.
While many figure Michigan’s Aidan Hutchinson will be the No. 1 overall pick to the Jaguars, Jeremiah thinks Hutchinson will fall to the Detroit Lions at No. 2. The analyst has Alabama offensive tackle Evan Neal going No. 1 overall.
Along with Hutchinson, Michigan teammate David Ojabo is projected to go No. 23 overall to the Cardinals.
Jeremiah also has Ohio State receivers Garrett Wilson (18th to New Orleans) and Chris Olave (22nd to Las Vegas) as first-round picks.
Below is Jeremiah’s first-round projections, via NFL.com:
2. Aidan Hutchinson, Michigan (Detroit Lions)
15. George Karlaftis, Purdue (Philadelphia Eagles)
18. Garrett Wilson, Ohio State (New Orleans Saints)
22. Chris Olave, Ohio State (Las Vegas Raiders)
23. David Ojabo, Michigan (Arizona Cardinals)
25. Tyler Linderbaum, Iowa (Cincinnati Bengals)
26. Daniel Faalele, Minnesota (Miami Dolphins)
31. Jahan Dotson, Penn State (Tampa Bay Buccaneers)
The NFL Combine happens on March 1-7, too, and scouts will get a first-hand look at several top projected picks.