2023 NCAA Tournament bracket revealed: 8 B1G teams go dancing
2023 NCAA Tournament brackets are now out after a thrilling few days of conference tournament action. The B1G managed to have 8 teams receive bids to play in March Madness.
The No. 1 seed in the South Region was Alabama. The Crimson Tide won the SEC Tournament after beating Texas A&M. This will be the first time in school history that the Crimson Tide are heading into March Madness as the No. 1 overall seed.
The top seed in the Midwest Region was Houston. Houston lost to Memphis in the AAC Tournament without star guard Marcus Sasser in the lineup. The West Region’s top seed was introduced as Kansas, with the East Region’s top seeded team being the Purdue Boilermakers.
Unfortunately for Rutgers fans, the Scarlet Knights will be missing March Madness after being announced as a First Four Out team. Rutgers was a First Four team last season, but lost to Notre Dame 89-87.
Here are the B1G teams that made the tourney and who they’ll be playing:
- No. 1 Purdue vs. Texas Southern/Fairleigh Dickinson in East Region
- No. 4 Indiana vs. No. 13 Kent State in Midwest Region
- No. 7 Michigan State vs. No. 10 USC in East Region
- No. 7 Northwestern vs. No. 10 Boise State in West Region
- No. 8 Iowa vs. No. 9 Auburn in Midwest Region
- No. 8 Maryland vs. No. 9 West Virginia in South Region
- No. 9 Illinois vs. No. 8 Arkansas in West Region
- No. 10 Penn State vs. No. 7 Texas A&M in Midwest Region