247Sports releases updated 5-star prospects in 2021 class, 7 committed to B1G programs
With only one week remaining until National Signing Day, 247Sports has updated and re-evaluated its list of 5-star prospects in the 2021 recruiting class. A total of seven are currently committed to B1G programs.
The highest-ranked B1G commit is defensive end Jack Sawyer, who comes in at No. 5 overall. He’s already signed with Ohio State.
Speaking of Ohio State, the Buckeyes have four of the nation’s Top 10 overall prospects in the 2021 class, per 247Sports. There’s a chance they could also land the newly-ranked No. 1 overall talent of the cycle, as defensive end J.T. Tuimoloau has yet to make a decision.
Other programs from the B1G that have a 5-star player committed in the 2021 class include: Wisconsin (1), Maryland (1) and Michigan (1). Here’s a look at the B1G commits who are 5-star prospects, per 247Sports’ updated rankings:
- No. 1: J.T. Tuimoloau, DE — undecided
- No. 5: Jack Sawyer, DE — committed to Ohio State
- No. 6: Donovan Jackson, OG — committed to Ohio State
- No. 8 Emeka Egbuka, WR — committed to Ohio State
- No. 10: TreVeyon Henderson, RB — committed to Ohio State
- No. 16: Nolan Rucci, OT — committed to Wisconsin
- No. 21: Demeioun Robinson, DE — committed to Maryland
- No. 32: Donovan Edwards, RB — committed to Michigan
Wednesday, Feb. 3 is National Signing Day, which will essentially wrap up all recruiting efforts for the 2021 class. Most was already completed during the Early Signing Period, but this will be one last effort for teams to add to their group.
You can view 247Sports’ complete Top 32 list of 5-star prospects here.