3 B1G teams among those with best odds for College Football Playoff berth according to ESPN's Playoff Predictor
With another college football weekend in the books, ESPN has updated its Playoff Predictor. It’s good news for a handful of B1G teams, which still have not taken the field yet.
Every week, the Playoff Predictor updates following the previous weekend’s games. Even though the B1G and Pac-12 have yet to play a game, there are three teams from the B1G among those with the best odds to earn a spot in the four-team field.
Sports Betting in Big Ten Country
There is big news coming to the upcoming 2022-23 Big Ten football season (and NFL season). Ohio online sports betting and Maryland sports betting are on the way.
21+ and present in OH. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER.
Here’s a look at the percentages following the latest weekend in football, with Ohio State still in the top spot:
- Ohio State Buckeyes (0-0) — 69% chance to make CFB Playoff
- Alabama Crimson Tide (2-0) — 68% chance to make CFB Playoff
- Clemson Tigers (3-0) — 62% chance to make CFB Playoff
- Georgia Bulldogs (2-0) — 45% chance to make CFB Playoff
- Wisconsin Badgers (0-0) — 37% chance to make CFB Playoff
- Oregon Ducks (0-0) — 31% chance to make CFB Playoff
- Penn State Nittany Lions (0-0) — 18% chance to make CFB Playoff
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish (2-0) — 15% chance to make CFB Playoff
- Florida Gators (2-0) — 14% chance to make CFB Playoff
- USC Trojans (0-0) — 13% chance to make CFB Playoff
Ohio State opens the 2020 season at home against Nebraska on Oct. 24, while Wisconsin will begin the year against Illinois. Penn State travels to Indiana.
When the B1G starts playing games in a few weeks, the Playoff Predictor could see quite a few changes.