Now that the NFL Combine is over, many analysts are releasing their updated mock drafts.
NFL.com’s Daniel Jeremiah has updated his first-round projections, and now he has revised the number of Big Ten players he thinks will be hearing their names called on day one.
As you can see below, Jeremiah has five former B1G stars going early in this year’s draft:
- No. 2 — Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State — New York Giants
- No. 8 — Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State — Chicago Bears
- No. 23 — Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa — Los Angeles Rams
- No. 25 — James Daniels, OL, Iowa — Tennessee Titans
- No. 30 — Billy Price, OL, Ohio State — Minnesota Vikings
The most-notable absence from the list is former Michigan DL Maurice Hurst, who left the combine after discovering a heart condition. He is undergoing further tests with the hopes of returning to the field soon.
Hurst (if cleared) and others will have a chance to work their way back into the first round at their schools’ pro days, but they’ll have some work to do.