5 B1G RBs dominate national leaders for rushing yards entering Week 5
The B1G has done a great job in the running backs department this season. Through Week 4, there are 5 running backs from the conference in the Top 10 for rushing yards this season.
Illinois RB Chase Brown and Minnesota RB Mohamed Ibrahim are leading the way so for as the top 2 in rushing yards so far. Braelon Allen, Blake Corum, and Anthony Grant aren’t too far behind them in the standings.
Brown is coming off a 31-0 shutout win over Chattanooga. He finished that game with 108 yards rushing and 1 touchdown.
ESPN BET is now live in 17 states
Use promo code SATURDAY to get your $250 bonus
Ibrahim just broke the Minnesota record for career rushing touchdowns against Michigan State. It was previously held by Minnesota great Darrell Thompson. Ibrahim is also close to the record for total career touchdowns as well.
Allen was able to keep his level of production even though Wisconsin suffered a blowout loss to Ohio State. Allen is looking to build off of a very exciting freshman campaign.
Despite the poor start to the season that Nebraska has had, Grant has been one of the few bright spots on offense. He currently holds on the 10th spot in rushing yards.
Here’s the current list of rushing yards leaders so far:
- No. 1: Illinois RB Chase Brown, 604
- No. 2: Minnesota RB Mohamed Ibrahim, 567
- No. 3: Marshall RB Khalan LaBorn, 540
- No. 4: Arkansas RB Raheim Sanders, 508
- No. 5: Wisconsin RB Braelon Allen, 497
- No. 6: Pitt RB Israel Abanikanda, 479
- No. 7: Michigan RB Blake Corum, 478
- No. 8: Kansas State RB Deuce Vaughn, 468
- No. 9: Air Force RB Brad Roberts, 465
- No. 10: Nebraska RB Anthony Grant, 464
— Big Ten Network (@BigTenNetwork) September 27, 2022