6 B1G players projected as first-round picks in CBS Sports' latest 2023 NFL Mock Draft
Since Georgia took down TCU to win the National Championship, the 2022 college football season has come to a close. That means a shift of focus to the upcoming NFL Draft, and mock drafts from analysts have started rolling out.
Last season, many conversations revolved around how many quarterbacks would be taken in the first round. This year, those same conversations are revolving around how many QBs will be taken in the opening round and if any will go No. 1 overall. Ohio State’s CJ Stroud is a major factor in those debates, along with Alabama’s Bryce Young and Kentucky’s Will Levis.
On Friday, CBS Sports released a 2023 NFL Mock Draft, attempting to answer those questions. According to the mock draft, Alabama’s Bryce Young will be taken with the second overall pick by the Texans. Stroud is projected to be picked No. 4 overall by the Colts as the second QB drafted and first player out of the B1G.
Other B1G players listed in the Mock Draft and their projected teams are listed below:
- No. 7 Las Vegas Raiders: Paris Johnson Jr., OT, Ohio State
- No. 10 Philadelphia Eagles: Joey Porter Jr., CB, Penn State
- No. 13 New York Jets: Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern
- No. 23 New York Giants: Jaxon Smith-Njigba, WR, Ohio State
- No. 28 Minnesota Vikings: Devon Witherspoon, CB, Illinois