7 B1G prospects make Pro Football Focus' latest NFL mock draft
Pro Football Focus released its latest mock draft on Monday morning, and it’s loaded with Big Ten prospects.
PFF has seven former Big Ten stars going in the first round, including a couple sleepers.
Here’s every player projected to land in the first round:
- Ohio State QB Justin Fields | No. 3 overall | Philadelphia Eagles (via trade)
- Penn State LB Micah Parsons | No. 7 overall | Detroit Lions
- Michigan DL Kwity Paye | No. 9 overall | Denver Broncos
- Northwestern OL Rashawn Slater | No. 13 overall | Los Angeles Chargers
- Penn State EDGE Jayson Oweh | No. 17 overall | Las Vegas Raiders
- Purdue WR Rondale Moore | No. 21 overall | Indianapolis Colts
- Minnesota WR Rashod Bateman | No. 23 overall | New York Jets
This would be a great outcome for the Big Ten, as many recent mocks have had just four players from the Big Ten in the first round: Fields, Parsons, Paye and Slater.
In this mock, Fields ends up in Philadelphia via a trade with the Miami Dolphins. This would give the Eagles a chance to replace Carson Wentz — who they have tried to trade this offseason — without committing fully to second-year player Jalen Hurts.
The Chargers taking Slater at No. 13 makes a lot of sense, as they will be looking to protect Offensive Rookie of the Year Justin Herbert for the foreseeable future.
Bateman landing with the New York Jets appears like a tough break at first, but it could actually be an interesting fit. The Jets are now led by a new coach and a front office that appears to have a solid plan. In this scenario, Bateman would also get to play with No. 2 overall pick Zach Wilson.
The NFL draft is April 29-May 1.