7 former B1G RBs currently lead their NFL teams in rushing through Week 2
We all know the B1G does an excellent job of producing quality running backs. That’s been on display through the first two weeks of the NFL season, with several former stars from the conference leading their respective teams in rushing yardage.
According to FOX, there are seven former B1G running backs who currently lead their respective teams in rushing yards. Some are no-brainers, while there are a few surprises on the list.
Below are the seven running backs who lead their teams in rushing, as well as which B1G school they played for:
- Baltimore Ravens – Gus Edwards, Rutgers (90 yards)
- Denver Broncos – Melvin Gordon III, Wisconsin (148 yards)
- Indianapolis Colts – Jonathan Taylor, Wisconsin (123 yards)
- Dallas Cowboys – Ezekiel Elliott, Ohio State (185 yards)
- New York Giants – Saquon Barkley, Penn State (34 yards)*
- Philadelphia Eagles – Miles Sanders, Penn State (95 yards)
- San Francisco 49ers – Raheem Mostert, Purdue (148 yards)
* Barkley was injured in Week 2 and will miss the remainder of the 2020 season with an ACL injury.
Yes, it’s still early in the NFL season, but it’s something to keep an eye on as the year progresses. There could be a lot of B1G ball carriers finding their names at the top of the rushing leaderboard by the end of the season.
These guys led their NFL teams in rushing in Week 2 😤
Which player was your favorite to watch in college? pic.twitter.com/0vZaPkMsVT
— FOX College Football (@CFBONFOX) September 22, 2020