7 B1G assistant coaches nominated for 2020 Broyles Award
The B1G is once again well represented as nominees for the 2020 Broyles Award were announced on Tuesday.
The Frank & Barbara Broyles Foundation honors college football’s top assistant coaches.
This year’s class is made up of 56 nominees, selected from approximately 1,270 assistant coaches. They represent 127 Division I programs from across the country. The selection process for The Broyles Awards includes the Football Writers Association of America (FWAA), broadcasters, a college football hall-of-fame selection committee and current college coaches.
The last B1G coach to win the Broyles award was in 2014, when then Ohio State offensive coordinator, and present Texas head coach Tom Herman earned the honor.
Representing the B1G in this year’s list of nominees are:
- INDIANA – Kane Wommack, Defensive Coordinator / LB
- IOWA – Phil Parker, Defensive Coordinator / Secondaries
- MARYLAND – Jon Hoke, Defensive Coordinator / DB
- NORTHWESTERN – Mike Hankwitz, Defensive Coordinator
- OHIO STATE – Brian Hartline, Wide Receivers
- RUTGERS – Sean Gleeson, Offensive Coordinator / QBs
- WISCONSIN – Jim Leonhard, Defensive Coordinator
— BROYLES AWARD (@BroylesAward) December 8, 2020