Every year, the Big Ten produces so many talented athletes that some elite players are bound to be overlooked.
That’ll be the case again in 2018, but Athlon Sports tried to give those guys some love this week, naming 50 of college football’s most underrated players.
As you can see below, eight Big Ten players made the list, and all of them do indeed get overlooked at times and are overshadowed by bigger stars on their teams:
- Blessaun Austin, CB, Rutgers
- Markus Bailey, LB, Purdue
- David Dowell, S, Michigan State
- Joe Gaziano, DL, Northwestern
- Ty Johnson, RB, Maryland
- Olive Sagapolu, DL, Wisconsin
- Nate Stanley, QB, Iowa
- Antoine Winfield, S, Minnesota
These guys will all be counted on to help their teams, and it’ll be interesting to see which ones rise to stardom in 2018.