8 B1G players land on Naismith Trophy Midseason Team
This week, the Naismith Trophy has named 30 college basketball players who have landed on the 2020-21 Midseason Team. More than one-quarter of the stars on the list come from the B1G.
Eight players from the B1G landed on this year’s Naismith Trophy Midseason Team. That’s a pretty good showing for a conference that many consider to be the best, and deepest, in college basketball this year.
Illinois was the only team to have multiple players included on this year’s Midseason Team. Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio State and Purdue each had one player included on the list.
Here are the eight B1G players included on this year’s Naismith Trophy Midseason Team:
- Marcus Carr, Minnesota
- Kofi Cockburn, Illinois
- Ayo Dosunmu, Illinois
- Hunter Dickinson, Michigan
- Luka Garza, Iowa
- Trayce Jackson-Davis, Indiana
- E.J. Liddell, Ohio State
- Trevion Williams, Purdue
Here’s a look at each player’s stats currently (per game):
- Carr: 19.9 points, 5.4 assists, 4.1 rebounds, 1.2 steals
- Cockburn: 17.2 points, 10.4 rebounds, 1.4 blocks
- Dosunmu: 21.2 points, 6.4 rebounds, 5.1 assists
- Dickinson: 15.1 points, 7.2 rebounds, 1.4 blocks
- Garza: 25.3 points, 8.5 rebounds, 1.8 assists, 1.6 blocks
- Jackson-Davis: 19.4 points, 9.4 rebounds, 1.7 blocks, 1.4 assists
- Liddell: 14.9 points, 6.8 rebounds, 1.3 blocks, 1.2 assists
- Williams: 15.4 points, 9.6 rebounds, 2.2 assists