AP dishes out first-half conference awards for the B1G
The AP has released their 1st half awards for the B1G and there aren’t too many big surprises.
The defensive player of the first half went to Aidan Hutchinson as he’s been a menace in each game for the Wolverines. He currently has 24 total tackles (17 solo) with 4.5 sacks and a forced fumble.
On the offensive side of the ball, CJ Stroud got the award for the best player on offense after he threw for 1,699 yards and 18 touchdowns for Ohio State.
Another highlight was the coach who’s on the hottest seat the rest of the way. That award went to Nebraska’s Scott Frost as his squad is currently 3-5.
- B1G Offensive Player – QB C.J. Stroud, Ohio State
- B1G Defensive Player – Edge Aidan Hutchinson, Michigan
- B1G Freshman – RB TreVeyon Henderson, Ohio State
- Most surprising team – Michigan State (7-0, No. 9 AP Poll)
- Most surprising player – RB Kenneth Walker III, Michigan State
- Most disappointing team – Wisconsin (3-3, 1-2 B1G play)
- Hottest seat – Scott Frost, Nebraska
- Biggest injury – Sean Clifford’s injury vs. Iowa
We’ll have to see how much this changes when the AP does their full season awards after the season.