AP Preseason All-America: 12 B1G players named to preseason teams
The Associated Press has announced its Preseason All-America teams for the 2020 campaign.
Even though four conferences — B1G, MAC, Mountain West, Pac-12 — have opted out of playing a fall football season in 2020, the AP did include players from those leagues in the selection process. In total, 12 B1G players landed on one of the two preseason All-America teams.
Six earned first-team honors while six others were second-team selection. There were eight offensive B1G players selected between the two teams, and four defensive players.
Ohio State led the B1G with three selections, with Penn State and Iowa closely behind with two picks. Minnesota, Northwestern, Purdue, Rutgers and Wisconsin each had one player make the cut.
Below are the B1G selections. You can view the complete All-America team selections here:
FIRST TEAM OFFENSE (4)
- OL: Wyatt Davis, Ohio State
- TE: Pat Freiermuth, Penn State
- AP: Rondale Moore, Purdue
- K: Keith Duncan, Iowa
FIRST TEAM DEFENSE (2)
- LB: Micah Parsons, Penn State
- CB: Shaun Wade, Ohio State
SECOND TEAM OFFENSE (4)
- QB: Justin Fields, Ohio State
- OL: Cole Van Lanen, Wisconsin
- OL: Tyler Linderbaum, Iowa
- WR: Rashod Bateman, Minnesota
SECOND TEAM DEFENSE (2)
- LB: Paddy Fisher, Northwestern
- P: Adam Korsak, Rutgers