Are you ready for some football? Seven games scheduled for the weekend
The first weekend of the college football season has arrived. Though we’ve already seen three games this year, Saturday will mark the first weekend of the year in which we’ve had a full day of football.
Six games are scheduled to be played on Saturday, Sept. 5, with the first kickoff coming at 1 p.m. and the final game beginning at 9 p.m. And that’s not all, as we’ll be treated to a Monday night game as well, closing out the Labor Day Weekend.
Here is the list of games scheduled for Saturday (All times ET):
- Eastern Kentucky vs. Marshall (1 p.m., ESPN)
- Middle Tennessee vs. Army (1:30 p.m. CBSSN)
- SMU vs. Texas State (4:30 p.m. ESPN)
- Houston Baptist vs. North Texas (7:30 p.m., ESPN3)
- Arkansas State vs. Memphis (8 p.m., ESPN)
- Stephen F. Austin vs. UTEP (9 p.m., ESPN)
Monday’s contest will feature another military academy:
- BYU vs. Navy (8 p.m., ESPN)
All seven games will feature either Group of 5 programs or FCS teams. Power 5 teams are scheduled to start playing as early as Sept. 12.
It should be a fun weekend for college football fans everywhere.