Associated Press announces All-B1G teams
The Associated Press has announced the All-B1G teams from the 2017 season.
Wednesday, the AP released the results of their First-Team and Second-Team All-B1G selections, as well as naming the Players of the Year. The selections are made based on the ballots of 25 voters.
As you might expect, Ohio State and Wisconsin were the two most prevalent teams on the rosters. The Buckeyes and Badgers each had seven players listed as First-Team All-B1G selections, tied for most in the conference. Indiana was next in line with three selections.
Here were the First-Team selections made by the Associated Press:
- WR – Simmie Cobbs Jr., Indiana
- WR – D.J. Moore, Maryland
- OT – Michael Deiter, Wisconsin
- OT – Jamarco Jones, Ohio State
- OG – Michael Jordan, Ohio State
- OG – Beau Benzschawel, Wisconsin
- C – Billy Price, Ohio State
- TE – Troy Fumagalli, Wisconsin
- QB – J.T. Barrett, Ohio State
- RB – Saquon Barkley, Penn State
- RB – Jonathan Taylor, Wisconsin
- PK – Griffin Oakes, Indiana
- AP – Saquon Barkley, Penn State
- DE – Nick Bosa, Ohio State
- DE – Tyquan Lewis, Ohio State
- DT – Maurice Hurst, Michigan
- DT – Dre’Mont Jones, Ohio State
- LB – Josey Jewell, Iowa
- LB – T.J. Edwards, Wisconsin
- LB – Tegray Scales, Indiana
- CB – Josh Jackson, Iowa
- CB – Nick Nelson, Wisconsin
- S – D’Cota Dixon, Wisconsin
- S – Marcus Allen, Penn State
- P – Ryan Anderson, Rutgers
The AP also selected Second-Team All-B1G players and announced the Offensive and Defensive Players of the Year, Newcomer of the Year and Coach of the Year. All of those selections can be viewed here.