The 2018 season is still a few weeks away, but the preseason predictions are starting to roll in.
On Monday, Athlon Sports projected every 2018-19 bowl game, and unsurprisingly, 12 Big Ten squads were projected to qualify for postseason play.
As you can see below, Ohio State is expected to make the College Football Playoff, with three other B1G teams making it to New Year’s Six bowls:
- Heart of Dallas Bowl: Minnesota vs. North Texas
- Quick Lane Bowl: Indiana vs. Wake Forest
- Pinstripe Bowl: Nebraska vs. NC State
- Music City Bowl: Maryland vs. South Carolina
- San Francisco Bowl: Northwestern vs. Oregon
- Holiday Bowl: Iowa vs. Stanford
- Outback Bowl: Purdue vs. Florida
- Citrus Bowl: Michigan State vs. Mississippi State
- Peach Bowl: Penn State vs. Miami
- Fiesta Bowl: Wisconsin vs. Boise State
- Rose Bowl: Michigan vs. Washington
- College Football Playoff Cotton Bowl: Ohio State vs. Alabama
The only two Big Ten teams not projected to go bowling are, as expected, Illinois and Rutgers.
Obviously, summer practices will shift these projections a bit, but for now, it’s an interesting look at how things stand ahead of the 2018 campaign.