B1G announces kickoff times for homecoming games
The pieces of the 2016 schedule are coming together.
Two days after Big Ten Network announced its primetime games, the B1G announced the kickoff slots for every homecoming game in 2016. As expected, every homecoming game will be played in the afternoon.
Illinois will be the visitors in four different homecoming games, which was twice the amount of the next highest teams, Northwestern and Rutgers. Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Penn State and Wisconsin are the only B1G teams that won’t be visitors for a homecoming game.
Here are the announced B1G homecoming games:
- Oct. 1 — Rutgers vs. Ohio State, Noon ET
- Oct. 1 — Northwestern vs. Iowa, Noon ET
- Oct. 1 — Purdue vs. Maryland, 3:30 p.m. ET
- Oct. 1 — Illinois vs. Nebraska, 3:30 p.m. ET
- Oct. 8 — Maryland vs. Penn State, Noon ET
- Oct. 15 — Illinois vs. Rutgers, Noon ET
- Oct. 15 — Iowa vs. Purdue, Noon ET
- Oct. 15 — Nebraska vs. Indiana, 3:30 p.m. ET
- Oct. 15 — Northwestern vs. Michigan State, 3:30 p.m. ET
- Oct. 22 — Rutgers vs. Minnesota, Noon ET
- Oct. 22 — Indiana vs. Northwestern, Noon ET
- Oct. 22 — Illinois vs. Michigan, 3:30 p.m. ET
- Oct. 29 — Minnesota vs. Illinois, Noon
- Nov. 12 — Illinois vs. Wisconsin, 3:30 p.m. ET
TV networks for each game are to be determined.