The season is still young, but it feels like a lot could be learned out of the B1G in just the second week of the season.
Iowa is probably a little better than we expected and Northwestern may not have an offensive line sturdy enough to compete in the B1G. Penn State looked like a College Football Playoff team against Pitt while Ohio State might have been a little overrated. But hey, we’re still in the infancy of the season. A lot can change.
It’s never too early to make bowl predictions, though. So despite being just two weeks into the year, we’re projecting where each team will land this postseason. We’re expecting 10 B1G teams to go bowling at the end of the year, with a couple finding their way to really good destinations.
Here are the bowl projections following Week 2:
- Heart of Dallas Bowl: Nebraska vs. Texas
- Quick Lane Bowl: Indiana vs. Wake Forest
- Pinstripe Bowl: Maryland vs. Pitt
- Foster Farms Bowl: Northwestern vs. UCLA
- Holiday Bowl: Iowa vs. Oregon
- Music City Bowl: Michigan State vs. Vanderbilt
- Citrus Bowl: Michigan vs. Tennessee
- Outback Bowl: Wisconsin vs. LSU
- Fiesta Bowl: Ohio State vs. Washington
- College Football Playoff: Penn State vs. Alabama