B1G dominates first night of B1G-ACC Challenge
The B1G had little trouble with the ACC during the first night of the B1G-ACC Challenge, which started on Tuesday. In fact, it was total domination by one league over another.
When the dust settled on Tuesday night, the B1G walked away with a 6-1 advantage, essentially locking up a win for the conference on Day 1. With three games postponed (and potentially canceled), the first to hit six wins would be the victorious league this year.
It was a rough start for the B1G, with Purdue falling to Miami 58-54 in the first game of the Challenge. The Boilermakers blew a 20-point lead and accounted for the B1G’s only loss to the ACC on Tuesday night. After that, it was all B1G.
Some of the big winners were No. 3 Iowa, taking down No. 16 North Carolina 93-80, Penn State upsetting No. 15 Virginia Tech 75-55 and No. 6 Illinois cruising past No. 10 Duke 83-68. Here’s a look at all final scores from Tuesday:
- Miami def. Purdue 58-54
- Minnesota def. Boston College 85-80 (OT)
- No. 3 Iowa def. No. 16 North Carolina 93-80
- No. 22 Ohio State def. Notre Dame 90-85
- Penn State def. No. 15 Virginia Tech 75-55
- No. 6 Illinois def. No. 10 Duke 83-68
- No. 21 Rutgers def. Syracuse 79-69
There are four more games for the B1G-ACC Challenge on Wednesday, with three contests canceled. Here’s a look at tonight’s schedule:
- Maryland vs. Clemson (5 p.m. ET, ESPN2)
- Indiana vs. No. 20 Florida State (7:15 ET, ESPN)
- Georgia Tech vs. Nebraska (7:15 ET, ESPN2)
- Pitt vs. Northwestern (9:15 ET, ESPN2)
The three games that were canceled were:
- Louisville vs. No. 13 Wisconsin
- NC State vs. Michigan
- No. 4 Michigan State vs. No. 18 Virginia