B1G lands 7 players in latest first-round NFL Mock Draft from CBS Sports
The Big Ten was well-represented on the latest NFL Mock Draft from CBS Sports, as the league counted 7 players who made the first-round cut in the exercise.
Evan Neal of Alabama is projected to go No. 1 to the Jacksonville Jaguars. However, a pair of pass rushers from Michigan, and a pair of wide receivers from Ohio State are among the B1G selections, along with linemen from Purdue and Iowa.
For Aidan Hutchinson, the draft summary described him this way: “Hutchinson isn’t as highly touted as Chase Young or the Bosa brothers, but the Lions can select the homegrown product, sit back, and watch him consistently produce off the edge opposite Romeo Okwara.”
Sports Betting in Big Ten Country
21+ and present in OH. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER.
Purdue’s star pass rusher, George Karlaftis, is another high draft pick to watch.
“New York is building up the trenches with its top-10 picks. Karlaftis doesn’t have the explosive traits of Thibodeaux or technical skills of Hutchinson, but he’s a high-floor, high-ceiling edge rusher who will command attention and give the Giants a solid one-two punch with 2021 second-round pick Azeez Ojulari.”
Here are the Big Ten players, and their mock selections:
2. Aidan Hutchinson, EDGE, Michigan, Detroit Lions
7. George Karlaftis, EDGE, Purdue, New York Giants
10. Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State, New York Jets
16. David Ojabo, EDGE, Michigan, Philadelphia Eagles
22. Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State, Las Vegas Raiders
23. Tyler Linderbaum, OL, Iowa, Arizona Cardinals
24. Daxton Hill, CB, Michigan, Dallas Cowboys