B1G represented well in ESPN's countdown of top 100 players heading into 2016
A total of 32 ESPN college football writers compiled a list of the top 100 players in college football heading into 2016.
Yes, there were plenty of B1G stars on that list. There were 15, to be exact.
Some were obvious (Desmond King, Jabrill Peppers) and others were not (Riley Bullough, Corey Clement). Some were lower than expected (Saquon Barkley) and others were higher than expected (J.T. Barrett).
And then there were others (the majority of Michigan’s defensive line, Dawuane Smoot, Matthew Harris, Justin Jackson) who should’ve made the list but didn’t. But hey, that’s just one B1G writer’s opinion.
In total, nine different B1G teams were represented among ESPN’s top 100 players.
To view the entire list, click here.
Here are the B1G players who made ESPN’s cut:
97. Riley Bullough, Michigan State LB
91. Corey Clement, Wisconsin RB
82. Vince Biegel, Wisconsin LB
72. William Likely, Maryland CB/KR
66. Saquon Barkley, Penn State RB
54. Jake Butt, Michigan TE
52. Anthony Walker, Northwestern LB
37. Dan Feeney, Indiana OG
25. Pat Elflein, Ohio State C
24. Malik McDowell, Michigan State DT
19. Jourdan Lewis, Michigan CB
17. Raekwon McMillan, Ohio State LB
12. J.T. Barrett, Ohio State QB
9. Jabrill Peppers, Michigan LB
8. Desmond King, Iowa CB