Big Ten leads all conferences with 19 players on Lombardi Award preseason watch list
The Big Ten is very well represented on this year’s Lombardi Award preseason watch list.
The Lombardi Award is given annually to the top lineman in college football. The Big Ten has 19 players who made the cut, which is by far the most of any conference in the country. The SEC has the second-most players on the list with 14.
A total of 9 Big Ten team were represented by at least 1 player: Maryland, Penn State, Michigan, Ohio State, Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, Nebraska and Minnesota. Maryland, Penn State, Michigan and Ohio State all have multiple players on the list.
Here’s the full list of player from the Big Ten who made the 80-player watch list:
- Jaishawn Barham, Maryland, So., LB
- Abdul Carter, Penn State, So., LB
- Junior Colson, Michigan, Jr., LB
- Tommy Eichenberg, Ohio State, Gr., LB
- Olumuyiwa Fashanu, Penn State, Jr., OT
- Delmar Glaze, Maryland, Rs. Jr., OT
- Michael Hall Jr., Ohio State, Jr., DT
- Nick Jackson, Iowa, Sr., LB
- Donovan Jackson, Ohio State, Jr., OG
- Kris Jenkins, Michigan, Sr., DT
- Jer’Zhan Newton, Illinois, Jr., DT
- Maema Njongmeta, Wisconsin, Rs. Sr., LB
- Drake Nugent, Michigan, Gr., OC
- Keith Randolph Jr., Illinois, Jr., DT
- Luke Reimer, Nebraska, Sr., LB
- Chop Robinson, Penn State, Jr., DE
- Brevyn Spann-Ford, Minnesota, Gr., TE
- JT Tuimoloau, Ohio State, Jr., DE
- Zak Zinter, Michigan, Sr., OG
The Lombardi Award has been handed out since 1970. The last player from the Big Ten to take home the honor was Michigan defensive end Aidan Hutchinson in 2021.