The Big Ten’s talent level is really improving.
With Ohio State and Michigan recruiting some of the country’s elite prospects, teams like Penn State and Nebraska are also recruiting with the best in the country.
The SEC isn’t so dominant anymore, is it?
Recruiting is the lifeblood of elite programs, and the conference certainly has some better days ahead of it, too, in terms of talent.
NFL.com recently ranked the top players in college football, and eight Big Ten players were ranked in the top 50.
Houston DT Ed Oliver was ranked the No. 1 overall player in the country by the site, and three quarterbacks followed suit: Louisville QB Lamar Jackson, USC QB Sam Darnold and OU QB Baker Mayfield finished in the top four.
The Big Ten’s top ranked player is Penn State RB Saquon Barkley, and that’s very deserving. Michigan DT Rashan Gary was the only other player ranked in the top 10.
Here are all eight ranked in the top 50:
8. Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State
9. Rashan Gary, DT, Michigan
19. Mike Weber, RB, Ohio State
26. Trace McSorley, QB, Penn State
30. Sam Hubbard, DE, Ohio State
32. Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State
46. Troy Fumagalli, TE, Wisconsin
50. Billy Price, OG, Ohio State