Big Ten Tournament 2023: Bracket, schedule, TV info released for March 10
The Big Ten Tournament has another full slate of games on Friday at the United Center in Chicago as it moves into the quarterfinals.
As the top 4 seeds, Purdue, Northwestern, Indiana and Michigan State all had double byes. The Nos. 1-4 seeds are in action Friday. They will be meeting 3 lower-seeded teams that pulled off upsets on Thursday. In 6 B1G Tournament games, No. 6-seeded Maryland is the only higher-seeded team to win its game.
As far as the bubble is concerned, No. 9-seeded Rutgers and No. 10-seeded Penn State picked up big wins on Thursday. They’ll look to boost those NCAA Tournament resumes with wins on Friday.
After beating Michigan, the Scarlet Knights are now atop the “Last Four In” in the latest projections from ESPN’s Joe Lunardi. Penn State has moved out of “Last Four In” and into “Last Four Byes” in Lunardi’s updated projections.
Here’s a look at the bracket for the 2023 Big Ten Tournament:
Here’s a look at the start times and TV info for Day 3 at the Big Ten Tournament:
- Game 7: No. 9 Rutgers vs. No. 1 Purdue — Friday at 12 p.m. ET on Big Ten Network
- Game 8: No. 13 Ohio State vs. No. 4 Michigan State — Friday (25 minutes after Game 8) on Big Ten Network
- Game 9: No. 10 Penn State vs. No. 2 Northwestern – Friday at 6:30 p.m. ET on Big Ten Network
- Game 10: No. 6 Maryland vs. No. 3 Indiana – Friday (25 minutes after Game 9) on Big Ten Network
At this stage, the endurance and stamina of teams will become a factor. The freshest teams are the 4 with double-byes, making their tournament debuts Friday. Rutgers, Penn State and Maryland will be playing their second games of the tournament. Ohio State is on its third game in as many days. The Buckeyes are a below .500 team, but OSU could steal a bid and make the NCAA Tournament with the B1G’s auto-bid as the conference tournament winner with 3 more victories.
- Game 11: Game 7 winner vs. Game 8 winner — Saturday at 1 p.m. ET
- Game 12: Game 9 winner vs. Game 10 winner — Saturday (25 minutes after Game 11)
Championship Game (Sunday)
- Game 13: Game 11 winner vs. Game 12 winner — Sunday at 3:30 p.m. ET