Big Ten Tournament 2023: Bracket, schedule, TV info released for March 9
The Big Ten Tournament has a full slate of games on Thursday in Chicago.
No. 5-seeded Iowa and No. 6-seeded Maryland will be in action for the 1st time during the Big Ten Tournament. Rutgers, Michigan, Penn State and Illinois will also be playing in their 1st games of the event.
There are major NCAA Tournament implications in almost every matchup on Thursday. Rutgers, Michigan and Penn State are all on the bubble. Teams like Illinois and Iowa are playing to improve their seeding in the Big Dance. Minnesota’s season would likely end if it loses to the Terps on Thursday.
Here’s a look at the bracket for the 2023 Big Ten Tournament:
Here’s a look at the start times and TV info for Day 2 at the Big Ten Tournament:
- Game 3: No. 9 Rutgers vs. No. 8 Michigan — Thursday at 12 p.m. ET on Big Ten Network
- Game 4: No. 13 Ohio State vs. No. 5 Iowa — Thursday (25 minutes after Game 3) on Big Ten Network
- Game 5: No. 10 Penn State vs. No. 7 Illinois — Thursday at 6:30 p.m. ET on Big Ten Network
- Game 6: No. 14 Minnesota vs. No. 6 Maryland — Thursday (25 minutes after Game 5) on Big Ten Network
Joe Lunardi’s latest bracketology projection has Penn State and Rutgers as part of the field of 68. However, per the projection, both teams would be headed to Dayton for the play-in round. Lunardi has Michigan in the “next four out” section of the bracket.
Iowa, Illinois and Maryland should safely be in the field. However, their seeding could improve. Lunardi has Iowa as a No. 7 seed while the Illini and Terps sit on the No. 8 line.
Here’s a look at the full schedule for the rest of the week in Chicago:
2nd round (Thursday)
- Game 3: No. 9 Rutgers vs. No. 8 Michigan — Thursday at 12 p.m. ET
- Game 4: No. 13 Ohio State vs. No. 5 Iowa — Thursday (25 minutes after Game 3)
- Game 5: No. 10 Penn State vs. No. 7 Illinois — Thursday at 6:30 p.m. ET
- Game 6: No. 14 Minnesota vs. No. 6 Maryland — Thursday (25 minutes after Game 5)
- Game 7: Game 3 winner vs. No. 1 Purdue — Friday at 12 p.m. ET
- Game 8: Game 4 winner vs. No. 4 Michigan State — Friday (25 minutes after Game 7)
- Game 9: Game 5 winner vs. No. 2 Northwestern — Friday at 6:30 p.m. ET
- Game 10: Game 6 winner vs. No. 3 Indiana — Friday (25 minutes after Game 9)
- Game 11: Game 7 winner vs. Game 8 winner — Saturday at 1 p.m. ET
- Game 12: Game 9 winner vs. Game 10 winner — Saturday (25 minutes after Game 11)
Championship Game (Sunday)
- Game 13: Game 11 winner vs. Game 12 winner — Sunday at 3:30 p.m. ET