Vegas bookmaker releases early spreads for 14 B1G games
It might be May, but it’s never too early to get the ball rolling on some college football spreads.
And by the look of it, a handful of B1G teams might play the disrespect card after seeing the lines made from one Vegas bookmaker.
South Point Sportsbook released its early spreads for a bunch of headliner college football games, 14 of which were B1G games. It wasn’t just opening weekend games, either. South Point even announced an early spread for the Michigan-Ohio State showdown.
That line already has Ohio State as an 8-point favorite.
But that line might not be the biggest sign of disrespect for Michigan fans. The Wolverines, who trounced Penn State at home last year, are 14-point underdogs to the Lions on the road in 2017.
There were some other fairly large spreads released by Southpoint. Wisconsin was billed as a 17-point favorite against Iowa. The Hawkeyes are also three-point underdogs to Nebraska on the road just months after dismantling their B1G West rival in Iowa City.
All of these spreads, are of course, subject to change. But here’s an early look at what Southpoint came up with:
- Pittsburgh vs. Penn State (-19)
- Iowa (-2) vs. Iowa State
- Oklahoma vs. Ohio State (-8)
- Nebraska (+4) vs. Oregon
- Notre Dame vs. Michigan State (+4)
- Michigan State vs. Michigan (-15)
- Wisconsin (-8) vs. Nebraska
- Michigan vs. Penn State (-14)
- Penn State vs. Ohio State (-8.5)
- Iowa vs. Wisconsin (-17)
- Minnesota vs. Northwestern (-6)
- Iowa vs. Nebraska (-3)
- Ohio State (-8) vs. Michigan
- Wisconsin (-10) vs. Minnesota