CBS releases bowl projections for 2021 season, including 9 B1G teams
CBS has released their preseason bowl projections for the 2021 campaign.
Their projections, which come from college football expert Jerry Palm, include nine teams from the Big Ten.
- QuickLane Bowl: Nebraska vs. Toledo
- Guaranteed Rate Bowl: Minnesota vs. Kansas State
- Pinstripe Bowl: Northwestern vs. Pittsburgh
- Music City Bowl: Michigan vs. Missouri
- Las Vegas Bowl: Indiana vs. Arizona State
- Outback Bowl: Penn State vs. Kentucky
- Citrus Bowl: Iowa vs. Florida
- Rose Bowl: Wisconsin vs. Oregon
- Cotton Bowl (CFP Semifinal): Ohio State vs. Clemson
Palm’s projections have Maryland, Rutgers, Purdue, Illinois and Michigan State missing out on bowl season.
If Ohio State does face Clemson in the Cotton Bowl, it would be their third matchup in the College Football playoff in the last four seasons. The Buckeyes won in last season’s semifinal while the Tiger prevailed in the Fiesta Bowl in December of 2019.
This would be Wisconsin’s first appearance in the Rose Bowl since Jan 1. 2020.
Here’s the rest of CBS’ New Year’s Six projections for the 2021 season:
- Sugar Bowl: Georgia vs. Iowa State
- Fiesta Bowl: Texas A&M vs. Cincinnati
- Peach Bowl: LSU vs. Notre Dame
- Orange Bowl (CFP semifinal): Alabama vs. Oklahoma
The Big Ten’s 2021 season gets underway on Aug. 28 as Illinois hosts Nebraska.