CBS Sports makes latest CFB bowl projections
The latest bowl projections from CBS Sports are out. They have been released as the B1G prepares to take the field of the first time this weekend.
College sports writer Jerry Palm believes nine B1G squads will be bowling at the end of the college football season in 2020. He believes one team will be in the College Football Playoff while another earns a spot in the New Year’s Six bowl games.
Seven others are predicted to make a postseason appearance this year — assuming, of course, there are no additional bowl cancellations at the end of the year.
Here’s a look at Palm’s updated bowl projections as the B1G season approaches:
College Football Playoff
- Rose Bowl (CFB Playoff semifinal): Ohio State vs. Alabama
- Sugar Bowl (CFB Playoff semifinal): Clemson vs. Oregon
New Year’s Six
- Fiesta Bowl: USC vs. Boise State
- Orange Bowl: Miami (FL) vs. Georgia
- Peach Bowl: Florida vs. Penn State
- Cotton Bowl: Oklahoma State vs. Notre Dame
Other Bowl Predictions
- Citrus Bowl: Wisconsin vs. Texas A&M
- Outback Bowl: Michigan vs. Ole Miss
- Duke’s Mayo Bowl: NC State vs. Indiana
- Music City Bowl: Minnesota vs. Arkansas
- Cactus Bowl: TCU vs. Iowa
- Pinstripe Bowl: Virginia vs. Purdue
- Quick Lane Bowl: Michigan State vs. Central Michigan