Chase Young the overwhelming favorite to win NFL's 2020 Defensive Rookie of the Year Award
After being selected with the No. 2 pick in the 2020 NFL Draft and considered by many to be the top overall prospect in this year’s class, it’s no surprise that former Ohio State defensive end Chase Young is the leading candidate to be the league’s Defensive Rookie of the Year next season.
FanDuel SportsBook recently released odds for the 2020 Defensive Rookie of the Year Award and Young was given the best shot to win…by a large margin. Young was listed at +350 to take home the honor, with the second-best odds going to former Clemson linebacker Isaiah Simmons at +850.
Young wasn’t the only former B1G star on the list, as former Iowa defensive end A.J. Epenesa and ex-Ohio State cornerback Jeff Okudah were also included. Below is the list of the players with the best odds to take home the honor next year (Bold indicates former B1G player):
- Chase Young, Washington Redskins — +350
- Isaiah Simmons, Arizona Cardinals — +850
- A.J. Epenesa, Buffalo Bills — +1300
- Partick Queen, Baltimore Ravens — +1700
- Jeff Okudah, Detroit Lions — +2100
- Kenneth Murray, Los Angeles Chargers — +2100
- Grant Delpit, Cleveland Browns — +2300
- Xavier McKinney, New York Giants — +2300
- Akeem Davis-Gaither, Cincinnati Bengals — +2500
- Derrick Brown, Carolina Panthers — +2500