College football analyst reveals 2020 bowl projections
All but four teams from the B1G will be playing in the postseason this year according to one college football analyst.
This offseason, Pete Fiutak of College Football News released his way-too-early bowl projections for the 2020 college football season. While the outlook of the season might still be somewhat uncertain, there’s no harm in looking ahead to a potential bowl season and which teams have the best chance of reaching the postseason.
Ten teams out of the B1G will be reaching the postseason, according to Fiutak. The four omissions this fall are Illinois, Maryland, Purdue and Rutgers. Of those four, the Fighting Illini were the only squad to reach a bowl game last year.
Fiutak anticipates two B1G teams playing in a New Year’s Six bowl game — Ohio State and Penn State. He also picks the Buckeyes to reach the College Football Playoff for a second-straight season. Below are Fiutak’s full predictions for the B1G:
- Duke’s Mayo Bowl: Minnesota vs. Virginia
- Cheez-It Bowl: Michigan State vs. Iowa State
- Pinstripe Bowl: Nebraska vs. North Carolina
- Outback Bowl: Michigan vs. Auburn
- Quick Lane Bowl: Northwestern vs. Toledo
- Redbox Bowl: Indiana vs. Stanford
- Music City Bowl: Iowa vs. Kentucky
- Citrus Bowl: Wisconsin vs. LSU
- Fiesta Bowl: Penn State vs. Oregon (NY6)
- Rose Bowl: Ohio State vs. Georgia (CFB Playoff semifinal)
- CFB Playoff National Championship: Ohio State vs. Alabama
You can view Fiutak’s complete bowl projections here.