College football bowl projections: CBS Sports projects 10 B1G teams go bowling in 2022
College football bowl projections were released by CBS Sports on Thursday. Jerry Palm of CBS Sports released his picks for who will be going bowling.
Palm believes that 10 of 14 teams from the B1G will end up going to a bowl game in 2022. He even has 1 team from the B1G returning to the CFB Playoff.
These are the teams he has making a bowl appearance: Iowa, Nebraska, Maryland, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue, and Wisconsin.
Northwestern, Rutgers, Illinois, and Indiana are the only teams that will not make a bowl game.
- Duke’s Mayo Bowl vs. Pittsburgh
- Quick Lane Bowl vs. Toledo
- Birmingham Bowl vs. South Carolina
- Rose Bowl vs. Utah
- Music City Bowl vs. Kentucky
- Pinstripe Bowl vs. Wake Forest
- Fiesta Bowl (CFP) vs. Georgia
- Citrus Bowl vs. Tennessee
- Guaranteed Rate Bowl vs. West Virginia
- ReliaQuest Bowl vs. Florida
The season hasn’t even started yet, so nothing about this is confirmed. It could be Michigan that could return to the CFP Playoff this year instead of the Buckeyes, but who knows? We’ll see how many of these projections come true.