Daniel Jeremiah drops NFL mock draft 1.0 for 2023 with 7 B1G stars included
Daniel Jeremiah has produced his first look at the 2023 NFL Draft via NFL.com with some interesting notes throughout the first round.
At the top, Jeremiah has the Chicago Bears holding onto the No. 1 overall pick. While some analysts have the Bears trading out of the pick, Jeremiah has Chicago staying put with a decision to make between Alabama’s Will Anderson Jr. and Georgia’s Jalen Carter.
As for the quarterback debate, Jeremiah has Alabama’s Bryce Young as the first QB off the board at No. 2 overall to the Houston Texans. Will Levis is also projected as a top-5 pick by Jeremiah while CJ Stroud slides a bit.
Jeremiah has Stroud sliding to No. 9 where he will be selected by the Carolina Panthers. In terms of players out of the B1G, Illinois’ Devon Witherspoon is actually the first player selected at No. 6 overall.
Here’s a look at the B1G players projected to come off the board in the first round:
- No. 6 — Devon Witherspoon, CB, Illinois — Detroit Lions
- No. 7 — Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern — Las Vegas Raiders
- No. 8 — Lukas Van Ness, Edge, Iowa — Atlanta Falcons
- No. 9 — CJ Stroud, QB, Ohio State — Carolina Panthers
- No. 11 — Paris Johnson Jr., OT, Ohio State — Tennessee Titans
- No. 12 — Joey Porter Jr., CB, Penn State — Houston Texans
- No. 31 — Jaxon Smith-Njigba, WR, Ohio State — Philadelphia Eagles