Eight B1G players rank in Todd McShay's way-too-early Top 32 prospects for 2021 NFL Draft
It’s never too early to start looking ahead to the upcoming college football season and next year’s NFL Draft. This week, ESPN draft expert Todd McShay released his way-too-early list of the top 32 prospects for the 2021 NFL Draft.
Eight of the names on McShay’s list came out of the B1G, accounting for 25 percent of the list.
Ohio State led the way with three players included, with quarterback Justin Fields the highest-ranked B1G prospect at No. 4. Penn State had two players mentioned while Minnesota, Michigan and Purdue each had one player mentioned.
Below are the eight players from the B1G McShay included in his list:
- No. 4: Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State
- No. 6: Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State
- No. 9: Shaun Wade, CB, Ohio State
- No. 19: Rashod Bateman, WR, Minnesota
- No. 20: Jalen Mayfield, OT, Michigan
- No. 23: Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State
- No. 25: Pat Freiermuth, TE, Penn State
- No. 32: Rondale Moore, WR, Purdue
This past year, the B1G had five players selected in the first round of the 2020 NFL Draft. Chase Young, Jeff Okudah, Damon Arnette were all first-round selections out of Ohio State. Cesar Ruiz from Michigan and Tristan Wirfs out of Iowa were the other two B1G players taken.
You can view McShay’s complete list here.