ESPN includes 9 from B1G on 'CFB Top 50 Players' list
Even though the B1G won’t be playing football this fall, there are still plenty of great players throughout the conference. It will be just a little longer until we see them on the field — if they don’t declare for the 2021 NFL Draft, that is.
This week, ESPN released its list of the top 50 players in college football during the 2020 season. Nine players from the B1G were included on the list, with two stars cracking the top 10.
Ohio State quarterback Justin Fields was the highest-ranked player in the B1G, coming in at No. 4 overall. He was expected to compete with Clemson’s Trevor Lawrence for the Heisman Trophy this season, after being named a finalist at the end of the 2019 campaign.
Penn State linebacker Micah Parsons was the only other B1G players included in the top 10, ranked in the No. 9 spot. Parsons is considered by many to be the best linebacker if college football and is potentially a top five pick in the 2021 NFL Draft.
By school, Ohio State led the way with four players listed in the top 50. Penn State and Minnesota each had two selection and Purdue had one make the cut. Below are the B1G names included on the list:
- No. 4: Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State
- No. 9: Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State
- No. 15: Rashod Bateman, WR, Minnesota
- No. 21: Shaun Wade, CB, Ohio State
- No. 24: Rondale Moore, WR, Purdue
- No. 27: Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State
- No. 29: Tanner Morgan, QB, Minnesota
- No. 31: Wyatt Davis, OL, Ohio State
- No. 34: Pat Freiermuth, TE, Penn State
You can view the complete top 50 from ESPN.