ESPN releases initial list of major college football matchups to air on ABC
Get ready for some primetime college football matchups in 2022. On Tuesday, ESPN released its initial list of some of the biggest games it will air on ABC during the season.
A total of six major matchups have already been designated as ABC broadcasts for the upcoming season. It starts in Week 1 with a pair of colossal showdowns on Saturday, Sept. 3.
Defending national champion Georgia will take on Oregon at 3:30 p.m. ET on Sept. 3 on ABC, pitting the SEC against the Pac-12. That game leads into another highly-anticipated showdown between a pair of midwestern powers, Ohio State and Notre Dame.
That game is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET from Columbus. College GameDay will also be in town for coverage of that contest.
— ESPN (@espn) May 17, 2022
Here’s the complete list of matchups that ESPN released on Tuesday, all of which will air on ABC:
- Sept. 3: Georgia vs. Oregon — 3:30 p.m. ET
- Sept. 3: Notre Dame vs. Ohio State — 7:30 p.m. ET
- Sept. 4: Florida State vs. LSU — 7:30 p.m. ET
- Sept. 24: Wisconsin vs. Ohio State — TBA
- Oct. 8: Texas vs. Oklahoma — TBA
- Nov. 25: Florida vs. Florida State — 7:30 p.m. ET