ESPN reveals MegaCast schedule for College Football Playoff semifinals
The College Football Playoff is quickly approaching and fans of college football will have plenty of options to catch all the action.
On Tuesday, ESPN revealed the MegaCast schedule for the two CFP semifinal games. ESPN announced a total of 8 presentations for both the Orange Bowl between Georgia vs. Michigan and the Cotton Bowl featuring Alabama vs. Cincinnati.
Here is how ESPN described the various broadcasts:
Alternate Presentations (all available on the ESPN App):
- Command Center (ESPN2): A multi-angle presentation, which includes up to four different vantage points at any one time, with real-time player and team statistics supplementing the game action.
- Skycast (ESPNU): The popular view from above the action and behind the offense on most plays. This unique angle has long been one of ESPN’s alternate viewing options and is readily available on multiple games every week. Replays will be shown regularly throughout this presentation. Anish Shroff and Roddy Jones will help guide the action.
- All-22 (ESPNEWS): Watch the game the same way players and coaches study film, with a vantage point high above the field of play. The angle allows for the 22 players on the field to be seen at all times, providing the ability to distinguish how plays develop while listening to the ESPN Radio call.
Cast of Commentators Set for CFP Semifinals
In addition to multiple presentations, fans will be able to hear the call of the CFP Semifinals from a multitude of broadcast teams:
- Main Telecast (ESPN): Sean McDonough, Todd Blackledge, Molly McGrath and Laura Rutledge will call the College Football Playoff Semifinal at the Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic. In primetime, ESPN’s lead Saturday Night Football crew of Chris Fowler, Kirk Herbstreit and Holly Rowe will be joined by Marty Smith in Miami for the College Football Playoff Semifinal at the Capital One Orange Bowl.
- ESPN Radio (ESPN App): The broadcast is available throughout the country on more than 400 ESPN Radio stations, the ESPN App, ESPNRadio.com, SiriusXM, Apple Music, iHeartRadio and TuneIn.
- Cotton Bowl: Sean Kelley, Barrett Jones, Ian Fitzsimmons
- Orange Bowl: Mark Jones, Robert Griffin III, Quint Kessenich
- Hometown Audio Feed: Fans can listen to the local radio broadcast of each of the four teams, with their audio feed synced up with ESPN’s presentation. This MegaCast feed is made possible in conjunction with Alabama Crimson Tide Sports Network Powered by LEARFIELD, Georgia Bulldog Sports Network, Cincinnati Bearcats Sports Network Powered by LEARFIELD AND 700 WLW and Michigan Wolverines Sports Network Powered by LEARFIELD.
- Alabama (SEC Network & ESPN App): Eli Gold, John Parker Wilson and Rashad Johnson
- Georgia (SEC Network & ESPN App): Scott Howard, Eric Zeier and DJ Shockley
- Cincinnati (ESPN App): Dan Hoard, Jim Kelly Jr. and Mo Egger
- Michigan (ESPN App): Jim Brandstatter, Dan Dierdorf and Doug Karsch