ESPN's FPI chooses winner of Ohio State-Michigan State in Week 6
ESPN’s FPI has made a prediction for Ohio State’s B1G East battle with Michigan State. The Buckeyes are off to a hot start through five games.
Ohio State beat Rutgers 49-10 in Week 5. The story of the game was Miyan Williams and the performance he had after TreVeyon Henderson’s injury during warmups. Williams had 189 yards rushing with 5 touchdowns before the final whistle sounded.
Michigan State has been struggling, and is 2-3 ahead of Week 6. The Spartans were not able to stop their losing streak and lost to Maryland 27-13 last week. Michigan State last beat Ohio State in 2015 on a game-winning field goal.
ESPN BET is now live in 17 states
Use promo code SATURDAY to get your $250 bonus
The Football Power Index knows that this will be a tough task for Michigan State. It’s predicting that Ohio State will win on Saturday, and gives the Buckeyes an 88.6% chance to do so. The Spartans are given slim chances of pulling off the upset at 11.4%.
Michigan State’s problems are on both sides of the ball this season.
Payton Thorne has not lived up the hype after helping lead his team to an 11-2 record last season. Through five games he has 1,121 yards passing with 8 touchdowns and 6 interceptions. The defense is allowing 411.8 total yards and 22.6 points per game.
Can Mel Tucker rebound from a slow start, or will Ryan Day keep on rolling through his B1G schedule?
Ohio State and Michigan State play Saturday at 4 p.m. ET on ABC.