ESPN’s FPI has a prediction for the Wisconsin-Northwestern game. This game will have a debut on the coaching side for the Badgers.

Wisconsin fans will get to see how Jim Leonhard runs the show on Saturday. Leonhard is stepping in after Paul Chryst was fired on Sunday. Wisconsin’s loss to Illinois was the final straw.

The Badgers were embarrassed at home by the Fighting Illini in a 34-10 loss. Wisconsin will now see if it can recover against a 1-4 Northwestern squad.

Sports Betting in Big Ten Country

There is big news coming to the upcoming 2022-23 Big Ten football season (and NFL season). Ohio online sports betting and Maryland sports betting are on the way.

21+ and present in OH. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER.

Northwestern has had a poor start to the season thus far. Despite what QB Ryan Hilinski and RB Evan Hull have done, the team has just 1 win in 5 games. Hilinski has 1,429 yards passing with 6 touchdowns and 4 interceptions, while Hull has 415 yards rushing with 3 touchdowns on the ground.

The Wildcats lost to Penn State 17-7 on Saturday.

Despite the coaching change in Madison, the FPI is still leaning towards the Badgers. The Football Power Index is giving Wisconsin a 79.9% chance to beat Northwestern. The Wildcats are given a 20.1% chance to beat the Badgers.

Wisconsin is 61-37 in the series against Northwestern. The Badgers won last year’s meeting 35-7 in Madison. Northwestern won the last time this game was in Evanston in 2020.

This year’s meeting kicks off Saturday at 3:30 p.m. ET on BTN.