ESPN’s FPI chose the team that it believes will come out victorious in the B1G matchup between Penn State and Illinois in Week 2. The Nittany Lions will be on the road in Champaign.

Penn State is off to a 2-0 start so far. The Nittany Lions looked solid against West Virginia and Delaware in its first couple of games. The new man under center in Happy Valley is Drew Allar now that Sean Clifford is with the Green Bay Packers. Allar has 529 yards passing and 4 touchdowns from his two starts.

Illinois is coming into the game at 1-1 after losing to Kansas on the road in Week 2. The Fighting Illini could not outlast the Jayhawks and lost 34-23. There is a new starting quarterback for Illinois as well.

Tommy DeVito has left, and Ole Miss transfer Luke Altmyer won the job during the offseason. Altmyer has recorded 408 yards passing and 5 total touchdowns from the first two games.

ESPN’s FPI is leaning heavily towards No. 7 Penn State. The Nittany Lions were given an 86.4% chance to win on Saturday. Illinois was given slim odds to win at 13.6%.

The last time these two teams met was in 2021. Illinois won 20-18 after a 9 overtime affair.

Saturday’s game will take place at Noon ET on FOX.